Storing and using your personal information and more
Who we are
S Norman and Son Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number (189264) whose registered office is at 13-14 Market Place, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30 1LY.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy laws. If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please email contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The personal data we collect about you
When you make purchases from Norman’s Furniture (including purchases made at our shop, over the phone, or via this Website) we may collect the following personal data about you:
- your name;
- your billing and delivery postal addresses, phone and email details;
- where you place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and shopping preferences;
- your browsing and online shopping activities.
We may also collect some or all of the above personal data about you when you access and browse this Website, including when you sign up to receive our newsletters.
How we may store and use your information
Norman’s Furniture may collect, store and process your personal data:
- to make this Website available to you;
- to maintain any registered account that you hold with us;
- with your agreement, to contact you (including by email) about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you and for customer satisfaction and market research purposes;
- to provide our goods and services to you and for associate purposes, including verifying your identity;
- for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes;for any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud preventation and related purposes).
We also process your payment card details in order to complete any purchase that you make through this Website and, in certain instances, disclose your personal data to third party credit reference agencies to perform credit checks against you. However, we do not store your card details, and any such information held is deleted when your browsing session ends.
In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge;
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Third party sites
This Website uses some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer. Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won’t work as expected without them. These cookies are set when you submit a form, login or interact with the site by doing something that goes beyond clicking on simple links. We also use some non-essential cookies to anonymously track visitors or enhance your experience of the site. Our cookies do not store any personal information relating to you or your credit cards. To control third party cookies, you can also adjust your browser settings. To find out more about cookies, please visit the All About Cookies resource website.